Same Day Work Program (SDWP)
In 2023 Uplift began a Same Day Work Program (SDWP.) SDWP is a trauma-informed, no barrier approach to assisting underserved individuals in need of an immediate solution for employment.
To achieve success, Uplift created a practice model which standardizes the SDWP experience by taking a trauma informed approach, while maintaining a level of flexibility to meet individuals where they are.
This program targets individuals who are experiencing homeless, or housing insecure. They could be a returning citizen, a veteran and or person with a disability.
Uplift’s SDWP program runs 4 days per week for 3 weeks with participants receiving $50 per day for 4 hours of training/employment. When the program completes, employers have the opportunity to hire the participants.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Must reside in the Philadelphia area
- There is NO ID required to enroll in Same Day Work Pay
Code of Conduct
- Good attitude and prepared to work (full 4 hours)
- Arrive on-time
- No-substance use prior or on work site detail
- Must contribute to the work
- Must use the provided equipment
- For safety proper clothing and footwear is recommended
- Respect staff, peers, and other workers
- Follow the direction of the site Supervisor and/or Crew Chiefs